Maruti Swift Dzire
From Suzuki Wiki
|Automotive industry||Maruti Suzuki India Ltd|
|Production||March 2008 - present|
|Assembly||Manesar, Haryana, India|
|Car classification||Compact car|
|Car body style||4-door Notchback|
Maruti Swift Dzire is the new entry level sedan from Indian automaker Maruti Suzuki. Launched on March 26 2008, Maruti DZire is based on the popular Maruti Swift platform. The DZire replaces Maruti Suzuki’s popular entry level sedan, Maruti Suzuki Esteem, production of which was discontinued in late 2007. Maruti Suzuki has introduced DZire only in the Indian market.
DZire is a result of an indigenous project started in 2005 to design a three-box notchback version of the Swift. Some changes have been made to the car’s overall styling to seamlessly integrate the boot. The wheelbase remains the same. The car weighs about 30-35 Kgs more than the Swift hatchback. Few modifications in the rear suspension have been done to cope with the additional weight of the boot and improve the ride quality for the rear passengers. Adjustments in the rear seat inclination have been made to improve the rear seat comfort and legroom.
The car is pitted against the other entry level sedans in the Indian market, such as the Mahindra Renault Logan and the Tata Indigo.
This car is notorious for production delays. It was announced too early before adequate production capacities were added. As the price of the car was very attractive compared to competitions with similar features, it had a very healthy order book initially. However delivery delays and dealer black marketing affected initial sales and very few are seen on road even months after the car was announced. Its believed Maruti has stopped taking new orders since Aug 2008.
Maruti DZire is available in both petrol and diesel versions. The car uses the same engines as available in the Swift.
- A four cylinder 1,298 cc petrol engine, rated at 87 bhp (65 kW) @6000 rpm with 113 [[N·m] (83 Ft·lbf) @ 4500 rpm maximum torque.
- A four cylinder 1,248 cc DDiS Multijet diesel, engine rated at 75 bhp (56 kW) @ 4000 rpm with 190 N·m (140 ft·lbf) @ 2000 rpm maximum torque.
Maruti DZire is offered in 6 variants:
- The Petrol 1298 cc version is available in LXI, VXI and ZXI variants.
- The Diesel 1248 cc version is available in LDI, VDI and ZDI variants.
All the models are 5 speed manual transmissions
|DZire Petrol||DZire Diesel|
|Fuel distribution||Multipoint injection||Common Rail|
|No. of cylinders||4||4|
|No. of valves||16||16|
|Bore x Stroke||74 x 75.5||69.6 x 82|
|Maximum power||87 bhp (65 kW; 88 PS) @ 6000 rpm||75 bhp (56 kW; 76 PS) @ 4000 rpm|
|Maximum torque||113 N·m (83 lb·ft) @ 4500||190 N·m (140 lb·ft) @ 2000 rpm|
|Kerb weight (kg)||1,010 kg (2,200 lb) (Lxi) 1,025 kg (2,260 lb) (Vxi) 1,035 kg (2,280 lb) (Zxi)||1,090 kg (2,400 lb) (Ldi) 1,105 kg (2,440 lb) (Vdi) 1,115 kg (2,460 lb) (Zdi)|
|Wheelbase||2,390 mm (94.1 in)|
|Overall length||4,160 mm (163.8 in)|
|Overall width||1,690 mm (66.5 in)|
|Overall height||1,530 mm (60.2 in)|
|Ground clearance||170 mm (6.7 in)|
|Boot Space (liter)||440 (Zxi & Zdi) 464 (Lxi, Ldi, Vxi & Vdi)|
The DZire offers many convenience and safety features, which are first of their kind for entry level sedans available in Indian market.
- Adjustable tilt steering
- Automatic climate control system
- Integrated audio system (CD, MP3, Radio)
- Steering mounted audio controls
- Day-Night rear view mirror (center)
Safety & security features
- Dual front airbags
- Antilock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic brake-force distribution (EBD)
- Enhanced Central locking that auto-locks all the doors when the car reaches 25 km/h speed.
- i-Cats immobilizer
- Official Website
- Maruti DZire Wap Website
- Maruti Swift Dzire - User Review
- More news articles on the Dzire
- Youtube video featuring the Dzire
- Blogs featuring Maruti Dzire
- Review of Maruti Dzire